RD-300NX: Digital Piano
Flagship Features at a Nice Price
Roland raised the stage-piano bar with the RD-700NX. Today, the world-famous SuperNATURAL® sound and expression of the flagship RD is available at a lighter weight and more affordable price…introducing the RD-300NX. This state-of-the-art stage piano boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, E. Piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology, a newly developed Ivory Feel-G keyboard with Escapement, a unique Sound Focus feature, and more.
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
- New E. Piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology
- Innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard in the mix without compressing or coloring the sound
- New Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement
- Intuitive U/I: new One Touch Piano feature and graphic LCD
- Hundreds of high quality built-in sounds
- Optional RPU-3 triple-pedal unit
The Ultimate Stage Piano Evolves!
The RD-NX Editor for the Roland’s RD-700NX and RD-300NX lets you select your favorite Live Set sound easily, and edit your tone layers visually.
Please note: Roland’s RD-700NX or RD-300NX with system program Version 2.0 is required to use this app. System program version 2.0 is available as a free download. Sound generator not included.
- Instant selection of favorite Live Sets and intuitive Live Set editing
- The RD-NX Editor can be used wirelessly with Roland’s WNA1100-RL USB adapter (sold separately); you can also connect an iPad* to your RD-700NX/-300NX using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection kit via USB.
- Compatible with 50 new synth-oriented Live Sets*In order for the iPad to communicate with the RD-700NX/-300NX using the WNA1100-RL, a wireless LAN access point with an Internet connection is required.
The RD-300NX’s acoustic-piano sounds are derived from Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. With SuperNATURAL Piano technology, three essential elements are dramatically improved — velocity response, note decay, and key-range behavior — resulting in smooth, natural sound and response. For EP lovers, the RD-300NX contains an E. Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology that meticulously models classic vintage EPs.
NEW IVORY FEEL-G KEYBOARD
The newly developed Ivory Feel-G keyboard incorporates Roland’s most advanced sensor, escapement mechanism, and Ivory Feel features. The keyboard provides the superior touch and sensitivity of Roland’s flagship keyboards, in a compact and lightweight design…a great benefit for gigging musicians who want to travel light.
UNIQUE SOUND FOCUS
The innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard, even subtle pianissimo passages. Based on SuperNATURAL phase-correction technology, this essential feature ensures that the RD-300NX won’t get lost in the mix, penetrating through walls of sound without compressing or coloring the tone. Players can relax and play naturally, achieving presence onstage without sacrificing dynamics and sound quality.
The popular One Touch Piano concept from previous RD-series pianos has been carried over the RD-300NX as well. The handy feature provides instant access to essential piano and E. Piano sounds and setups with dedicated one-touch buttons. In addition, the popular and powerful Piano Designer feature has been included in the RD-300NX feature set, letting you build custom pianos quickly and easily on the graphic LCD. And finally, for keyboardists who desire a true grand-piano pedaling experience onstage, an optional RPU-3 triple-pedal unit can be added.
Keyboard: 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G keyboard)
Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
Parts: Live Set (3 layers) + 16 parts
Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL Piano, SuperNATURAL (E.Piano), PCM Sound Generator, GM2 (for SMF Playback)
Tones: 939 (includes GM2 tones and 23 rhythm kits)
Live Set: Preset: 200, User: 60
- Multi-Effects: 78 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- 3-band Compressor
- 3-band Digital Equalizer
- Sound Focus
SMF/AUDIO FILE PLAYER
File Format: Standard MIDI File: format-0/1, Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
Rhythm Patterns: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 3
- EQUALIZER knobs
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
Display: 128 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- DAMPER PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack (FC1, FC2)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB connectors (MIDI, MEMORY)
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
Power Consumption: 11 W
Accessories: Owner's Manual, Damper Pedal (capable of continuous detection), AC Adaptor, Power Cord (for AC Adaptor)
Options (sold separately):
- Keyboard Stand: KS-G8
- Piano Pedal: RPU-3
- Damper Pedal: DP-10
- Pedal Switch: DP-2
- Expression Pedal: EV-5, EV-7
- USB CD Drive: CD-01A
- USB Flash Memory
* Please use USB memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Width: 1,438 mm (56-5/8 inches)
Depth: 337 mm (13-5/16 inches)
Height: 141 mm (5-9/16 inches)
Weight: 17.5 kg (38lbs. 10 oz.)